Would you like to be involved in the Community Arts sector? Montage Theatre Arts are seeking enthusiastic and motivated voluntary dance, drama and singing assistants to help facilitate courses throughout the year.
Montage Theatre Arts (MTA) is a charity based in Deptford, South-East London. It is Lewisham’s only revenue-funded arts organisation in the Brockley Ward. The company runs 33 weekly classes plus holiday courses for young people and the elderly from the local community in the performing arts with a respected track record for offering excellent and vital opportunities. MTA helps people from a highly deprived area to acquire techniques and skills, develop confidence and social ability, whilst breaking down barriers between cultural groups and the generations.
We currently have the following voluntary opportunities available
Voluntary Classroom Assistant
This is an exciting and hands-on role which has inspired and enabled previous volunteers to pursue further study and careers in teaching and facilitating dance, drama and music. The role of classroom volunteers is to support the teacher by assisting in the facilitation of both classes and holiday programmes.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Joining in class activities (dance, drama and singing)
- Assisting students in developing skills, overseen and directed by class tutor
- Ensuring all children are happy and participating to the best of their ability
- Directing parents and students between the sites
- Helping to supervise and play with children during their lunch, break times and between classes
- On performance days, assistance will be needed with costume, hair, make-up and stage management.
If you are interested in any of our voluntary positions please email your Covering Letter and CV to: email@example.com
“I have gained leadership skills and experience of being in a working environment with the staff”
Shea, Montage Volunteer
“The children are lovely and it’s extremely enjoyable. It’s great to volunteer at something that is fun” Ann, Montage Volunteer
“Volunteering not only benefits the organisations you support, but also enhances your own growth, passions and visions for the future!”
Alivia, Montage Volunteer