Montage Theatre Arts are sometimes on the look-out for brilliant staff members, and always on the lookout for people to join our amazing group of volunteers.
– Freelance Fundraising Manager (click here for more information)
– Cover Teachers
– Volunteers (subject ambassadors and technical theatre)
– Work Experience/ Placement opportunities
– Trustee/ Board of Directors (click here for more information)
All positions with Montage Theatre Arts are subject to strict adherence to our Child Protection & Safeguarding 2022
Would you like to be involved in the Community Arts sector? Montage Theatre Arts are seeking enthusiastic and motivated voluntary dance, drama and singing assistants to help facilitate courses throughout the year.
Montage Theatre Arts (MTA) is a charity based in Deptford, South-East London. It is Lewisham’s only revenue-funded arts organisation in the Brockley Ward. The company runs 33 weekly classes plus holiday courses for young people and the elderly from the local community in the performing arts with a respected track record for offering excellent and vital opportunities. MTA helps people from a highly deprived area to acquire techniques and skills, develop confidence and social ability, whilst breaking down barriers between cultural groups and the generations.
We currently have the following voluntary opportunities available
This is an exciting and hands-on role which has inspired and enabled previous volunteers to pursue further study and careers in teaching and facilitating dance, drama and music. The role of classroom volunteers is to support the teacher by assisting in the facilitation of both classes and holiday programmes.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Joining in class activities (dance, drama and singing)
- Assisting students in developing skills, overseen and directed by class tutor
- Ensuring all children are happy and participating to the best of their ability
- Directing parents and students between the sites
- Helping to supervise and play with children during their lunch, break times and between classes
- On performance days, assistance will be needed with costume, hair, make-up and stage management.
If you are interested in any of our voluntary positions please email your Covering Letter and CV to: email@example.com
“I have gained leadership skills and experience of being in a working environment with the staff”
Shea, Montage Volunteer
“The children are lovely and it’s extremely enjoyable. It’s great to volunteer at something that is fun” Ann, Montage Volunteer
“Volunteering not only benefits the organisations you support, but also enhances your own growth, passions and visions for the future!”
Alivia, Montage Volunteer
We are constantly looking to grow our list of dedicated and experienced cover teachers, in one (or more) of the following disciplines:
- Street Dance
- Musical Theatre
- LAMDA tuition
If you would like to be considered for a cover teaching position, please email a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Montage Theatre Arts have historically offered Arts Management and Business Apprenticeships in partnership with Lewisham Council and the Creative Society.
We can provide week-long work experience placements for students in both years 10 & 12.
We have also provided longer-term industry placements for university students from various institutions including the Central School of Speech and Drama and Goldsmiths, University of London.
We are currently not seeking any apprentices.
Work Experience & Industry Placements
If you would like to conduct your work experience or placement with Montage Theatre Arts, please apply to email@example.com.
Work Experience students have in the past:
- Arranged fundraising events
- Helped organise productions and events
- Assisted teachers within lessons and helped conduct warm-ups and games