CONDITIONS OF MEMBERSHIP FOR MONTAGE THEATRE ARTS STUDENTS
This is part of your agreement when joining Montage Theatre Arts. Membership is open to all subject to the following conditions:
• MTA accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of personal belongings while on the premises.
• MTA accepts no liability for any injuries sustained whilst participating in a class or on the premises.
• MTA Course Managers must be notified of any changes to the information provided on the Booking Form.
• Staff/teachers: All staff, including deputy teachers (who may be brought in at short notice), are qualified, experienced and DBS checked..
• Behaviour: Racist, sexist and other offensive language and behaviour is not tolerated and we reserve the right to terminate membership without notice, the final decision being undertaken by the Board of Directors. Please note that under no circumstances are pets allowed on school premises due to Health and Safety reasons.
• Shows: Parents/carers will be invited to one class/performance per term. Parents/carers are not permitted to watch otherwise. (If a child is new or particularly unconfident, parents/carers may be allowed to sit in during the first ten minutes of one class at the youth programme managers discretion). MTA provides costumes and props for shows where possible, but parents may be asked to provide basic accessories and basic costume if required.
• Collection of Children: Children must be collected immediately after the class has finished. Repeated failure to collect children on time may result in loss of membership. If there is any problem with collection or delivery, please contact the Youth Programme Manager using the Montage emergency contact number immediately.
• Children must arrive and be collected promptly. It is very important that children arrive in time for their classes, preferably 5 minutes before the start. This allows the group time to settle from the moment the class starts. Latecomers will have to wait outside until an appropriate time to join the class. Children arriving after 15 minutes may be refused admission, as this may disrupt the professional attitude to classes we aim to foster.
• Students must ensure they get full permission from staff prior to leaving class at all times. Toilet breaks will be supervised by either a member of staff or class facilitator and students will be supervised at all times whilst on site.
• Absence: Any child missing for more than two classes per term may not be able to join future courses. Class numbers are limited and many have long waiting lists, so good attendance and commitment to the course is essential.
• Saturday School: please bring a quick, light snack and drink (not lunch) with you. Please provide a folder for each child for all scripts and song sheets for the term and bring each week. Please make sure these folders and sheets are named immediately.
• Emergency contact number: Montage’s emergency mobile phone is kept with the Youth Programme Manager. The number will be given out upon registration and must only be used if there are problems regarding the collection of children. Do not ring the office as there may not be anyone there.
• Photographs/Recordings: MTA will take photographs or video of the students at work. These images will only be used for Montage marketing, press material and funding purposes and will be used for the website, local newspaper features, parents’ noticeboard and flyers. Please understand that these images will be used sensitively and photographers are police-checked. Please let us know if you do not want your or your child’s photograph taken.
• Food: Chewing gum/ fizzy drinks are strictly forbidden on the premises. No food is to be eaten in the music block.
Web: www.montagetheatre.com / Tel: 0208 692 7007 / Email: email@example.com Office: The Albany, Douglas Way, Deptford, SE8 4AG Montage Theatre Arts is a registered charity No: 1103460. Limited by guarantee in England and Wales, No: 5020947
This is basic but essential and gives the students a sense of belonging, a sense of ritual and sense of dressing for something important – their class. Appropriate clothing as below is necessary for health and safety and child protection:
• Students must not wear their school uniform to any class – MTA is not a school and wearing the correct Montage clothing gives a sense of belonging, allowing all to feel equal, healthy and safe.
• Top: MTA T-shirt must be worn by all students, except Adults, Street Jazz and the Youth Theatre Company who wear their own clothes. T-shirts costs £8 each and they can be purchased in advance or from staff on-site. Your T-shirt will be ready to collect on your first day from the Youth Programme Manager.
• Bottom: Tracksuit bottoms or leggings must be worn in dark blue, navy or black. No jeans or trousers, skirts or dresses are to be worn to any class – including the adults.
• Shoes: Black soft plimsolls (like those worn for school gym lessons) or black jazz shoes are to be worn. Strictly no trainers, crocs or sandals are allowed! They are dangerous as children’s feet slip inside and ankles are turned. Street Dance and Breakdancing students can wear trainers or jazz shoes.
Tap class: Black tap shoes.
• No skirts – this is entirely inappropriate for girls/women to wear in any class as all classes include a lot of movement.
• Ballet: girls – leotard, short socks, pink ballet slippers; boys – white t-shirt or vest and black or navy shorts, short socks, black ballet slippers. No tutus for class please – these can be worn in shows!
• All t-shirts, shoes and bags must be clearly labelled – lost property is donated to charity at the end of every term.
• Strictly no jewellery – no earrings (earrings are very unsafe during physical activity).
• Hair must be tied back from the face for class.
SECOND-HAND SHOES and CLOTHING for sale:
Please note: there is often a good selection of second-hand clothing and shoes which can be bought from the courses manager at a greatly reduced rate including tap shoes and ballet shoes.
DONATIONS OF DANCE CLOTHING: We welcome donations of dancewear that are in good condition and can be re-sold at a small price.