Youth Programme Assistant – July 2021
- YPA Job Description Summer 2021
- Child Protection & Safeguarding 2020
- Equal Opportunities and Diversity 2021
Montage Theatre Arts (MTA) is recruiting for a new Youth Programme Assistant.
Our Youth Programme Assistant (YPA) needs to be creative, adaptable, passionate, and friendly.
Working directly with our Youth Programme Manager, the YPA will help run our summer holiday courses. A role with varied activities and responsibilities, no day will be like the last, as you help stage summer shows, provide excellent childcare, and offer amazing experiences to young people.
Good communication and social skills are vital, as the YPA will be one of the main points of contact for parents and children.
Main Duties include:
- Ensure safeguarding and child protection policies are always followed. Training will be provided
- Follow Health and Safety procedure, and if the need arises act as both a fire marshal, which we shall provide training for, and potentially a First Aider (if qualified).
- Be a friendly, responsible, and level-headed ambassador for MTA at classes, courses, and events
- Maintain the welcoming, safe, inclusive, and fun atmosphere during classes and courses
- Engage with students; create relationships, build skills in child development, socialisation, and youth facilitation
- Engage with parents and customers, providing exceptional customer service and build relationships and brand loyalty
Paid Training: 9th & 10th July (flexible times)
Working Hours: 26th July – 27th August: Monday – Friday: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Contract: PAYE (fixed term)
Remuneration: Salary Negotiable (London Living Wage – £13 p/h based on experience)
Holiday Entitlement: By the end of the contract, you will have accrued 0.6 days paid holiday.
CLOSING DATE: 5pm, Sunday 27th June
Please submit a CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also familiarise yourself with MTA’s Child Protection and Equal Opportunities policies before applying.
MTA is an equal opportunities employer, please contact us if you have any questions relating to the post.