Youth Programme Manager – August 2018
- Youth Programme Manager Job Description 2018
- MTA Application Form
- Child Protection & Safeguarding 2018
- Equal Opportunities and Diversity 2017
Montage Theatre Arts (MTA) is recruiting for a new Youth Programme Manager.
Based in Lewisham, SE London, and celebrating our 20th anniversary year- MTA is a friendly, local charity and has a respected track record for offering exceptional performing arts opportunities and training to children, young people and some adults. MTA is at an exciting time of our development, led by the current YPM and General Manager, and we are looking to continue the expansion of our artistic and strategic development. The new YPM will join a fun, creative, passionate and sociable team and be encouraged to take ownership and make their own impression the programme.
The Youth Programme Manager is an integral part of our management team and should be creative and enthusiastic. The role is split between office hours and programme supervision, with the option of potential home working 1 day per week.
Good communication and social skills are vital, as the YPM is the main point of contact for parents, students and a large team of freelance teachers.
The role is diverse and variable. It requires management skills in relation to the classes/training, maintaining quality standards, course development, artistic strategy, events and volunteer programme but also child supervision, care of hired spaces and strict adherence to health and safety.
Main Duties include:
- In consultation with the GM, create and develop artistic strategy within the Youth Programme including, courses, locations, events and performances
- Regularly evaluate MTA’s lessons and courses: quality of training, student’s enjoyment and artistic merit
- Participate in staff recruitment and assist in deciding upon allocation of work throughout the academic year
- Manage the Youth Programme Assistant and a large team of freelancer teachers and volunteers
- Be the main liaison between the office and courses/classes
- Be a friendly, responsible and level-headed ambassador for MTA at classes, courses and events
- Maintain the welcoming, safe, inclusive and fun atmosphere during classes and courses
- Act as one of MTA’s designated Safeguarding Persons, and assess Health and Safety and Child Protection in all areas
Contract: Full Time (35 hours per week), Permanent
Starting Salary: £26,000 p/a + Pension + 25 days paid holiday (plus 8 statutory days)
Closing date: 5pm Friday 14th September 2018
1st Round: w/c 17th September
2nd Round and Practical: w/c 24th September
Please submit an application form with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. CV submissions will not be read.
Please also familiarise yourself with MTA’s Child Protection and Equal Opportunities policies before applying.
MTA is an equal opportunities employer, please contact us if you have any questions relating to the post.