Matthew has worked in marketing for 20 years, in a range of senior positions.
He is Principal Lecturer in marketing at the University of Greenwich and Director of Face Value Consulting and Professionals Ltd. He is visiting professor at the Grenoble Graduate School of Business.
He has worked with companies such as Philip Morris, Anheuser Busch, Tarmac, Fiat, Barclays, Barclaycard, Swiss Reinsurance, the London Business School, the Royal Mail, Microsoft, The DTI and GUS.
His books include:
- Direct and Digital Marketing in Practice, A and C Black
- Successful Market Research, Hodder and Stoughton
- Strategic Marketing Management, Butterworth Heinemann
- Market Research for Managers, Butterworth Heinemann
- International Marketing in Action, Kogan Page
- Direct and Digital Marketing in Practice, Butterworth Heinemann
- Marketing Research and Information, (CIM/MRS course guide), Butterworth Heinemann
- Project Management in Marketing , (CIM/MRS course guide), Butterworth Heinemann
His current activities include writing and research into marketing research, digital marketing and interactive and relationship marketing.
He is a senior consultant, tutor, examiner and member of the IDM, syllabus advisor to CAM and a tutor and former examiner at the CIM. He is a full member of the Market Research Society and ESOMAR. He is an Institute of Direct Marketing Educator of the Year.